Monday, July 2, 2007

Slutty Dolls And Cartoon Network

Everything has changed. From when I was a kid growing up, to how things are today, nothing is the same. This world has changed so much, and I'm not even sure it's changed for the better.

Of course, they are always finding new cures for things, and new treatments to help people who get sick. But that is not what I am talking about.

Since when did this world and society rely so much on technology? I won't get into all of the technological differences, because I blogged about that a few days ago, but if it weren't for the ipod, I don't know what kids would do these days. And how are kids suppose to afford ipods and such anyway? It's the "in" thing right now, so of course everybody has to have one, but what kind of teenager has $300 extra dollars to spend?

Another thing that really bothers me is the sex in the media! You can't even let kids watch regular TV anymore without them being exposed to sex and skin in various ways. It is ridiculous. And it doesn't help that "barbie" doesn't even sell regular barbie dolls anymore, but slutty 3/4 naked beach barbies. When I was growing up, there was no such thing as bratz, and naked barbie dolls. They have corrupted our world! So being exposed to all the "sex" at such a young age, of course, those kids are going to be more likely to "experiment" in their teenage years. That's not the way it was when I was growing up, and certainly not the way it was when my parents were growing up.

Things change though. And it also comes back to parenting. But there are only so many things a parent can do to "protect" their child. It just sometimes makes me sad knowing what kind of world kids are being born into now these days. When it seems like the only thing that matters is how your body looks, rather than inner beauty. Where you brag to your friends about how far you got with a guy/girl last night instead of just having a good time with your friends. Where you can't even turn on a cartoon channel to watch cartoons without the media trying to sell sex!

Anyway, I don't even know if any of this makes sense. I meant for it to, but all of my thoughts just kind of came out at once. And I am too tired right now to go back and make sense of it. Luckily though, I have the next 3 days off to relax and sleep in! Looking forward to it :)

3 comments:

... said...

"It just sometimes makes me sad knowing what kind of world kids are being born into now these days."

i had some of those same thoughts when i was thinking of starting a family. it's normal. the world is always changing. partially we need to be open to change. but we also need to stand firm in our beliefs and convictions.

once you know what you stand for, all of that becomes easier.

Anonymous said...

The media bothers me too, more than it used to.

Anonymous said...

Girls Cams

Sofortzugang Cams

Amateure Girls