Tuesday, July 3, 2007

For Mom And Dad

This blog is for my mom and dad.

My mom wrote a blog yesterday, talking about how she was observing a little boy and his dad while in line. She talked about how kids quickly grow up, change, and go through different phases of life. Talked about how sometimes kids grow up and get into a phase where they don't want anything to do with their parents anymore, and no longer talk to them. Here is the link to read the full blog, written on July 2nd. http://www.sunshine-on-my-shoulders.blogspot.com/

After reading the blog, I began to think about my life growing up. About the different phases I went through. And even though I never got to the point where I wanted nothing to do with my parents, I fully understand that many teenagers do get to that point. Thinking back on my relationship with my parents, it breaks my heart to know that some kids want nothing to do with their parents. It hurts because my parents are such a big part of my life.

I'm glad my mom posted this blog. To let not only parents, but kids as well, to know that life is going to change, and kids will grow up and go through different experiences, some resulting in bad relationships with parents. I believe my parents did a great job raising me and my brother. They allowed us to go through our phases (still do) but somehow guided us and helped us through our hard times.

I wanted to thank my parents for all of this. Thank you for allowing me to bloom into the person I have become today, but also for being my support when I felt like I was going to crash. Thank you for walking through each and every one of those childhood phases with me, along side of me. That's all I wanted to say. Even though I am not the best writer, or blogger, and don't always have the perfect words, I hope you understand. Thank you. Thank you for being the best parents you could be. And I hope one day I can be just as great to my kids. And I will show them how special each and every moment together is, including the times in the long lines. Because I will always look back at those times with fond memories, and know how special they were to all of us. Thank you mom and dad. I love you both more than any words can say.

3 comments:

Don Varey said...

I LOVE U DANI! I am so very proud of you.

... said...

*sniff sniff*
*tear*

wuff wuff... i wuff you... very much!

Anonymous said...

well said, sweetie. you have great parents with two great kids.