Friday, July 6, 2007

Complaining, Rambing, Venting...

So this blog is going to be a little complaining. I'm sure it's not what my parents want to hear (or read) since they hear it all the time from me. But since this is my blog, I get to write about whatever I want :-). And tonight, I want to complain!

I was really excited when I decided to babysit all summer long, instead of getting a "real job". But little did I know the work that was in store for me, I might have thought twice about getting a job. The money is nice, and I do love kids, but sometimes I just want to scream (and even have once I've left and I'm in my car on the way out of there!). I finally have a sense of what it's like to be a mom. And I'm not really sure I am up for the challenge. Of course it will be different with more experience, more wisdom, and them actually being your own kids, but I know there are going to be those times when you just want to leave and go scream somewhere!

The kids that I babysit once or twice a week all day are ages 7 and 5. They don't really get along (except for maybe 30 minutes of the day), and don't really listen to the babysitter (me) either! They feel like they need to cry or wine about everything, even if it's just asking for something to drink. And then if for some reason you HAVE to say no to these kids, they cry about it. By the end of the day if I was going to hear one more wine or cry I was going to go crazy. Usually when it gets to this point I suggest an activity that both of them would like, and won't argue while doing it. Although eventually everything turns into a fight or argument between them. Which is why I now fully understand what it was like for my parents raising Jake and I, I'm sure Jake and I were exactly like these two. And for that, I am so sorry mom and dad! But like I always say, you guys are the one's who decided to have kids :-p

But anyway, it was a very LONG day with these two kids. I would like to say I have a break from them for a while, but I will be with them all night tomorrow night (overnight), which means Sunday morning also, and then all day again on Monday. Wish me luck, and if anybody has any good tips or activities for me to do with these kids, PLEASE let me know!

In the meantime, I am super tired (as always, what else is new?), so I am going to bed. Earliest I have gone to bed in a long time. But for some reason it seems like midnight to me. Oh well, I will write tomorrow about my experiences with a 2 year old all day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, sweetie!