Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Nice Summer Day

I am enjoying summer so much! Even though I have been crazy busy working, there are days like today that I just enjoy. Today was my first day off in weeks, and I got to spend it with my mom. Being able to sleep in was so nice, and then just spending a few hours in Target looking at everything possible is always one of my favorite things to do with my mom.

The reason I love summer so much is because you don't have the pressure of school to deal with or think about. Yes, I know you have to get up early and go to some type of work. But at the end of the day, that is it. For me anyway, and my job. The only thing I have to worry about is when I have to go to work next. And when I am in school, my mind is constantly going and reminding myself of what projects, papers, and tests I have at what time. It is like I am under pressure ALL the time in school, just knowing what I have to get done for upcoming dates. During summer, I don't get that at all, and I absolutely LOVE it!

Also, during summer I get to read WHATEVER I want! No reading text books, and dumb novels that professors think will be will be fun to add to the syllabus for no apparent reason other than to give us more work. No, during the summer I can read the books I want to read. And I am enjoying it so much! At night, instead of watching TV (like I did to relax while in school) I read before I go to bed. I read when I wake up in the morning, in fact, I hardly ever watch TV during the summer! Unless it's Big Brother 8 of course. :-)

I guess I shouldn't complain so much about babysitting so much. Because even though it is hard most days, I would prefer to do that then write an essay or read from a text book. But, then again, that is just how I feel today. Tomorrow could be different.

No comments: