Saturday, July 7, 2007

Light At The End Of The Tunnel

I am blogging in the one hour I have left before I go off to spend the night with the two little kids I am spending over half my summer with. I watched them all day yesterday (as you know if you read my blog yesterday). And now spending the night tonight and into tomorrow, and then all day again Monday! When will I get a break?!?! I had to wake up at the crack of dawn again today to go babysit a little 2 year old girl for 7 hours. She was a lot easier to watch, but still, I need a break. I rented a few movies, bought a few bags of popcorn, and plan on making tonight a "movie night" with the kids. Hopefully it will work and they are excited about that, because I don't know how far my patience will go tonight, to be honest. Wish me luck!

On the other hand though, I have a few things in my (somewhat) near future to look forward to. I decided since last week, this weekend, and all next weekend is booked busy for me, I decided to take all of next weekend off. All day Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. If anybody needs a babysitter, they are going to have to find one somewhere else, because I deserve at least 3 days off after the past couple weeks! Another thing is on July 29th I am going to the Colorado Rockies (baseball) game with my bestest friends ever! My 3 best friends from high school, The Quads. We get to go to the game, meet the players, and since it is "Christian Day" we get to hear the music and events that go along with that. I'm excited to do something fun like that with them! Also, the weekend right before I go back to school, The Quads (me and the same friends from high school) are going to Vail for the weekend to celebrate Katie and Courtney's birthday! Last year we went downtown Denver for a night and stayed in a hotel down there, and this year we are planning to go to Vail for the weekend together! Definitely something I am looking forward to before I head back to school in August. I think it should become a yearly event, having a fun night/weekend together, just the 4 of us. We always have a fun time and it's kind of like saying goodbye for the long while in between summer and Thanksgiving/Christmas. So anyway, those are some things I am looking forward to! When I think about the fun things, it makes babysitting 24-7 not seem so bad.

That is all for today, I still have to shower and pack up some stuff before heading out for the evening! Pray that I get some sleep tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, Dani. I admire you for hanging in there. You have a tough (would underline if I could) Your hours would make anyone tired.

But, yeah for light at the end of the tunnel. Get-away's always perk me up, especially with good, good friends who really know you.

Good for you for taking 3 days off!

Love ya--