Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Summer Thus Far

I know it has been a while since I've posted a blog. But I did tell certain people that I would write at least once a week this summer, so I might as well get that going.

My summer is going great! I absolutely love my job. The 2 little girls I babysit, Anneliese and Claire, are the cutest girls in the whole world, and they absolutely love me, which makes it so much better! They always make me cute little crafts and are always telling me that I'm the best babysitter in the whole world. I am really enjoying spending my days with them, it doesn't even feel like I'm working.

Things have been going well with my roommates too. Emily is gone for the summer so one of my friends that I met this semester, Meagan, is renting her room for the summer. Her and I have so much fun together, which really makes summer a lot of fun. For the past couple weeks we have been going on bike rides together in the evenings almost every night. Because of her I don't spend as much time watching TV and doing stupid stuff, but instead doing fun summer things! Meagan is just beginning to dip her toes into Christianity and exploring what God is all about too, and it's such a privilege to walk along side her during that, and being able to read the bible with her and talking to her about God. It's been great! And I know God will just keep making this summer better and better for the both of us.

I am also doing a Beth Moore bible study with one of my other friends this summer. The study is called "Believing God" and I think it is exactly what I need right now. We have done the first week together and I am so excited to see what God has in store for me for the next 9 weeks. But I really think it will be a good study for me to do, and I'm really excited to be doing it with my friend Jen. It gives us the chance to get closer to one another and explore together what God is saying to both of us.

The best part about this summer is that I have absolutely no homework to do! I love being able to enjoy my house, roommates, friends and life without having the stress of school on my back. I love it!

4 comments:

... said...

greetings from california... had ramona's for dinner and am going to the beach tomorrow. i know, you're jealous ;D

sounds like a [nearly] stress free summer for you. enjoy every minute.

Barb said...

I am super happy for you Dani - for your job, megan, the bible study, no homework, bike riding. All of it.

Live it to the fullest!

Don Varey said...

Thats what summer break is all about. Stress free living. Wish I had a summer break :-/ Enjoy it.
miss ya

Anonymous said...

Alas, we have another good blogger in the Varey clan. Well done, granddaughter! Such a good positive input that stimulates all our minds, and it makes us enviously remember our youthful summers that weren't near as relaxing and fun as yours. Enjoy, and keep up the great blogging. Love ya,

Grandpa Ron