Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tiffany's Wedding

I can finally relax a little! Tiffany's wedding is finally over, and not in a bad way. That day has been working up for 9 months now and it finally came. It was such a busy and crazy week for me, working 25 hours and then going everywhere all the time for wedding stuff. But I felt very honored to be doing everything for her. The wedding itself was not what I expected at all, but at the same time very nice. It was the most unorganized, laid back wedding I have ever seen, which made it nice for everybody I thought. They only had their closest family and friends at the wedding (40 people tops) which made it less intimidating for people like me who don't like to get in front of people. And Tiffany looked absolutely beautiful! It makes me excited for my own wedding someday. The wedding itself was actually very fun, I enjoyed myself a lot there. But what I loved most about the whole week was spending time with Tiffany's family. She has the kind of family with like 10 crazy aunts, and they were all out in Colorado for the big day. They were all just so fun to be around, especially at the rehearsal dinner where everybody went to the Colorado Springs Sky Sox (baseball) game. That was my favorite part of the whole week. Being at a baseball game sitting on a private patio so you don't have to deal with the crowd, and being with enjoyable people just made everything so relaxed and pleasurable. I wish I could do it again.





I am however relieved that the wedding is over. It took a lot of time, money, and energy from me this past week, and was very stressful. Now that it's over I can just kick back and worry about nothing, and do nothing except go play with my little girls.


Meagan and I are reading The Shack together right now, and it's a very very good book! I can't wait to get to the end of it. We are also starting TODAY to read our bible together. That was the plan all along but it's been a month since we have lived together and we have not gotten in the Word yet, so we decided we are starting that today. I'm excited! And also very excited for this stress-free week where I have no responsibilities other than going to babysit. And only 2 more weeks until I can go home, for the 4th of July, and I am very excited to see my family and puppy.

3 comments:

Barb said...

I'm so happy for you that the wedding and all if involved was fun for you. It sounded very nice! Good picture. Is that you in the background!?

I read The Shack. G'a just finished it. I bought a copy today to send to Karen. It has definitely turned out to be a family book. I loved it.

Enjoy your stress-free week with the girls.

... said...

i'm so glad the wedding went so well and you had such a great time. it must be bittersweet that it's all over.

thanks for sharing this special experience with us.

Anonymous said...

I’m so impressed with my grown-up granddaughter and how she took over a planned wedding nine months ago and produced for her friend a beautiful, well-done, fun filled event for her. We’d love to have seen you in your bride’s maid’s dress. What an experience this has been for you, Dani! I’m sure it’ll be a long lasting memory for you as well as Tiffany and her husband. I’m so glad that you stepped up to the responsibility and carried it through for yourself and them. You’re to be congratulated.

Your mom got me a copy of The Shack for Father’s Day when she was out here. I haven’t cracked the cover yet as your uncle Steve got me Randy Alcorn’s Heaven, and I can’t put it down. So it’ll be awhile before I get to The Shack, but I’m looking forward to reading it as well. She also got me the DVD movie, The Ultimate Gift. We saw it the other night. Wow, what a great movie that is.

Enjoy yourself now with those sweet girls and Meagan.