Thursday, June 12, 2008

Some Thoughts

Don't you love when God is talking to you? I mean, I know He is talking to you all the time, but I love when there are those few moments (for me anyway) when I absolutely 100% know that God is saying something to me. This week He has been talking to me a lot about faith. In the bible study I am doing this week is all about having faith. Between the bible study and the book "The Shack" which I am reading, I feel like my faith is growing more and more each day this week. And it feels good knowing that I am understanding what God is saying to me, but at the same time it's sometimes overwhelming, but in a good way. =)

I registered to vote today! It's something I've been wanting to do since I turned 18 but just never got around to doing it. But I finally did today! And it feels good knowing that I've finally done it, but it also feels good to know that it's my privilege to get a say in the next election.

Tomorrow night after work I am driving up to Denver to spend some time with dad, Jake, and Brody. It will be a nice little break and it will be good to see the family (minus mom). A good but short visit, since I have to be back down here on Sunday to start all the wedding festivities for Tiffany's wedding which is next Friday. Since I'm the maid of honor I guess it's part of my job to be there for the bride the week of her wedding, but let me just say, it will be nice when this wedding is over with! =)

Also, my cousin, Randi is graduating today. Exciting! I'm very sad I don't get to be out in California to see her, but I'm glad that my mom was able to go. I know she won't read this but for any of my relatives who are reading this, congratulate her for me =)

3 comments:

... said...

why did you think i wouldn't see it? you're on my blog reader so i see each and every one of your posts whenever i get on-line. and i obviously saw this post before any other relative.

randi's graduation was very nice. it was a nice day and a nice visit with family. wish you could have been there with me.

it cool to hear how you're hearing God speak to you and how your faith is growing.

have a good time with dad, jake, and brody. wish i could be there with you =) good luck this next week. i'm sure you'll feel freer when it's all over.

i love you and miss you.

Barb said...

It's great to hear how God is speaking to you. Obviously you are listenting! That's a big key.

I've had a great week with God too. My lung were very, very bad Wednesday. I didn't know if I would be able to go to Randi's graduation. But family and special friends were praying for me and I felt wonderful yesterday. A true healing from God. The Dr. had given me a new antibiotic, but I had only taken two. Made my faith grow too. Praise God!

We missed you and the rest of the family at the graduation. Randi had a great day.

Have fun being maid of honor - big honor to you to be chosen. Make her day! Make her feel special like only you can do.

Love you !

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so late in getting on board to put in my two cents worth in here, Dani. We've all been a bit busy with the graduation, and then several appointments have kept me from taking time to do this until now.

Indeed it sounds like you are going to have a busy week. Hey, enjoy serving Tiffany. She'll appreciate it, and you'll feel so good for what you do for her.

Welcome to the talking with God club. I eagerly arise each morning, grab my cup of coffee, and sit and just enjoy the quiet and solitude where I can pray a conversation with God, a two way conversation too. As I trust Him, He leads me through life. You know he loves you and wants to talk with you. Keep it up, Dani. Must close now.

Love ya,

Grandpa Ron