Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Summer of Healing

I love how the Lord gives you what you need in exactly the right amounts. Lately, I've been learning to believe God, instead of just merely believing in Him. He has shown me so much this summer. More this summer than I ever think He has in my entire life. But then again I think I am actively seeking and pursuing Him and listening to Him more this summer than I ever have before. And it's great! God is giving me the kind of faith that I have never have, and definitely taking away my unbelief. One of the verses I've been praying through this Summer is Mark 9:23-24 which is talking about asking God to overcome and take away our unbelief. I can definitely see how God is changing my heart this summer and giving me the faith to believe that He is who He says He is and that He can do what He says He can do. I can't believe I ever doubted Him!

This has definitely been a summer for healing as well. I'm typically a bitter person and like to hold grudges for a little bit but I have learned this summer that when I do that then my attention is not on God, and that's not what He wants from me. So I have learned to just let go of a lot of things. One being a guy that I know I gave a little too much of my heart to in the past. God has helped me overcome him and those feelings and I believe He is now preparing my heart for the guy I could (hopefully) potentially marry someday. Another thing God has helped me overcome is the bitter feelings towards my old roommate. There was a lot of hurt on my part with that whole living situation, the controlling and manipulation that she did to me hurt me more than I realized, but God has completely taken it off my heart. It's one thing to say that and another to feel it, but when I learned that she had done another control issue thing by deleting me as friends on myspace and facebook I didn't get mad like my old self normally would. I felt no bitterness at all, and it finally feels good knowing I'm relieved of the whole situation. Apart from all the earthly things that God has been working on in my life, it's been a summer for healing God and my relationship. I didn't even realize until I started doing this bible study that I had issues that needed to be fixed in our relationship, but together we are working through those and I love being able to put my complete faith in Jesus as we work through it together. I finished the book the Shack the other night, and I enjoyed it thoroughly! I believe that is one of the tools in which God gave me to help me see things more clearly between Him and I. I would recommend it to anybody!

One more thing before I wrap this up. Things with Meagan are great and just keep getting better and better! The other night we sat down and read the bible together. She told me what she liked and didn't like about it, so we are now going to take a different approach to the bible so that she is able to get more out of it. She read The Shack as well and really liked it, I hope God spoke to her through it. But one of the best feelings and moments this summer, and it's happened a couple of times now, is when I wake up and walk out of my room to use the restroom, I see Meagan in her room by herself reading her bible that I gave her. It's such a good feeling! I love that she is curious and looking for God to be at least a little bit present in her life! Prayers are definitely being answered this summer!

9 comments:

... said...

this made my heart smile =D

this is the cool thing about God. if you allow it, it doesn't have to be just a summer of healing and learning. it can be a lifetime.

Anonymous said...

A ton of people need to read this post.

Momma Roar said...

This post shows what a huge heart you have for God - and that is so awesome!!

I'm reading The Shack right now (at your mom's and other's recommendations) and I am really enjoying it!

Often, we can spend so much time thinking about how others have hurt us rather than just trying to live our lives for God. How terrific that you've learned that at an early age! :)

Wishing you God's best and for the rest of the summer to be even better than this first half!

Sarah said...

I found your blog through your mom...and I don't know how I found hers. :-) But I enjoy both of yours--very cool and inspiring.

Sounds like this will be a summer of tremendous growth for you. I had one of those my jr. year of college, and it changed my life and how I thought about alot of things.

Keep your mind and heart open to His teaching (and have tons of fun along the way!) :-)

Just Mom said...

You are an amazing woman to realize all of this at such a young age. I just recently learned to let go of a hurt I had been holding on to since high school -- and I'm 40!

Just awesome.

nancy said...

Wonderful, insightful post. Thank you for sharing from your heart.
Nancy

Barb said...

Oh, Dani you continutally bless me with your blogs on your relationship with God. It is such a thrill and deep sense of love to watch you grow in the Lord.

The things you have learned this summer will serve you so well in the future. You have learned you can be free. I think that is one of Jesus' deepest desires for us.

God bless!

Unknown said...

What a great post, Dani! It's so true that the more we open ourselves to God, the more He reveals Himself to us.

Thanks so much for sharing (and don't be mad at your mom for sharing this post!).

Lori said...

Came to your site through your mom.
What a beautiful post.
Thanks for the reminder to let go of our past hurts and forgive.

I want to read the Shack book.
I've checked into it at the library and it wasn't available when I last checked. I will have to check again today.