Monday, June 25, 2007

Three GREAT Roommates!

I miss my roommates! I thought by the end of the year, I would want nothing more than to get out of the dorm rooms and come home for the summer. When the time finally came, I was excited. I was excited to leave the tiny dorm rooms, to come home and be with my family for the whole summer. But now a month and a half into summer, I wish I could be back in the 6112 dorm room, with the 3 most amazing roommates ever!

I miss our Uno and Phase 10 tournaments. I miss the loud music and singing. I miss Kristen always coming into my room saying "how's life, Danielle?". I miss Sammie's expressive language toward anything, good or bad. And I miss Richelle's opinions on anything and everything that was going on in her life at the time. I miss coming back from class being greeted by the 3 people I considered family. That's kind of what we became over the past year, is a family. Living together, you get to know each other more than anybody else, and getting along as well as the four of us did, I considered us kind of like a family for the year. I miss everything about the year, including the food at the lodge. Ok, well maybe not everything.

I know we will all 4 remain friends next year, and we will visit each other a lot. But it will never be the same, like it was our freshmen year living together in the 6112. So thank you guys for a great freshmen year, I could not have asked for better roommates!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't amazing what makes a family, huh. Complete, but special, strangers living in close quarters become family! By special I mean, you all 3 had to be open to friendship - open hearts.

I really missed my seminary and then chaplaincy school friends who had become family, when those times of training were over.

Of course, in both of our cases, we had all gone through certain together - good times, hard times, funny times - together.

Soon you will have a new close family.