Wednesday, June 27, 2007

A Few Thoughts

Ok, so I really don't even know what to blog about today. I have tossed ideas around in my mind all day, and now that it is 10:15 at night, I can't really bring myself to write about any of them.

At this point, I have already babysat 2 days this week, and still have 2 more days of babysitting to go. 2 more very long days, 7am-7pm about. Since this is my job, and I get good money, I can't really complain, but I am sure tired. I am not really looking forward to the next two days. Some days are really great for babysitting. I have a great time with the kids or we just have a lot of fun. But then there are other days where I wonder why I didn't just get a real job this summer. Like today, I had to deal with a sick child all day. Not much fun. Not much fun either when the kids fight and argue all day long. So hopefully these next two days will go smoothly.

There is something that I found out today that made me happy and excited. There is a new show starting up in July on NBC called "Singing Bee". A show where contestants are judged on how well they know the words to songs, not their singing ability. The show looks like it will be funny, but what is even more great is...guess who is hosting it?! Joey Fatone! The celebrity that I met in California a few weeks ago. I am so excited to tell and show people that I have met him!

Also, my brother, Jake, just planned last minute to go on a backpacking trip with his youth group. There are only a few kids going, and he is really looking forward to the trip. He wrote a very nice blog about his fears and expectations for the trip. And I have no doubt that God will provide, and not disappoint him. I hope he gets everything he wants from this trip, and so much more. Being alone in the wilderness for a full week with just him, a few kids, and God sounds like a great experience! I'm sure it will be an experience in which he will never forget.

That's all for tonight. I should be heading to bed soon since I have to wake up at the crack of dawn. Goodnight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you have a blog.

Your baptism entry was well written.

Anonymous said...

When I saw that Joey was having a new show, I thought of you and how excited you would be. You should have the picture blown up to poster size.

Anonymous said...

Good post.