Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Can You Say LAZY?

Ok, I admit that I am a pretty lazy person. But as I was watching my neighbor standing on his porch this morning with a cup of coffee in his hands watching a lawn mowing robot type thing cut his grass for him, I couldn't help but think, what is this world coming to??? If you have to stand outside and facilitate the machine cutting your grass anyway, why not just cut the freaking grass yourself? At least this way you could get some good exercise doing it!

My mom told me a story a while back that when her and Jake were driving home and saw somebody driving in our neighborhood with their arm out the window holding onto a leash that was attached to a dog. Somebody was walking their dog while driving?!?! I mean come on! What is this world coming to? If you want your dog to get out and be walked, either hire somebody to do it, or get off your butt and walk around the block yourself!

Technology has a big thing to do with all of this. In this day and age, you can do almost anything with technology. They have all these programs that I don't even know what the point of them is. Like photoshop. I hear it's really great and can do cool things, and since I am not really into that sort of thing I wouldn't know. All I know is that I could be photoshopped into a picture of the family that I was not even there for! The Internet is a great thing. You can do almost anything on the Internet. You can now buy all your music online. Buy movies online, and even rent movies online. You can even now shop and get all your groceries online! It's like nobody ever needs to leave their house anymore for anything!

Even though I am usually a lazy person, I hope I never get to this point. I think things need to change, and people need to start getting out of their houses, and into the world a little more! That's all I have to say about that. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

... said...

you come from a "laid back" family so that tends to make us lazy at times.

but i agree with you. what kind of world will we live in when we have everything done for us by a machine or someone else.

Anonymous said...

You are a terrific writer, Dani. Such insights into life and the way you express them are a credit to your ability to articulate your thoughts. You should become a writer. And I know where you get your ability from. Keep it up!

Love, Grandpa Ron

Anonymous said...

You make me smile, Dani!