Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My Relaxing Tuesday...

So I made it through my first day of classes, and I think I am going to like this semester. I still have one more class to go, which is tonight, but the classes I have been to, I really like. All the professors seem really cool, and even the subject matter seems interesting enough to learn about. So I am hoping that this semester will be a good one.

And today is Ten For Tuesday. Today's topic is "10 Things You Don't Like About Your Job." And since I am no longer being a nanny, I am going to do my list of 10 for my current job, and the one I had last year. Working in the nursery at a local church. So here is my list, in no particular order...

10 Things You Don't Like About Your Job:

1. There are 2 locations, so you always have to be on top of what activities are where, and which location you are working at for that particular shift.

2. They do not pay nearly enough money for the amount of work you are sometimes doing.

3. You have to change diapers. Eww.

4. When the kids don't stop crying you have to page their parents, and then the parents are upset that you took them out of church. But it's not even our fault!

5. They don't have a lot of people working there, so they want you all the time, even when you tell them you are not available certain times.

6. Somebody calls you almost everyday trying to get their shift covered.

7. Then they get upset and hold it against you when you can't cover that shift.

8. I work during church services, which means I can hardly ever go to church myself.

9. Sometimes when they are short staffed in other departments, they make you fill in and teach pre-school, even though that's not my job!

10. Some kids just will never listen to you when you need them to stop doing something.

2 comments:

... said...

great list.

just remember... you'd rather be doing this than working retail =]

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy that you like your classes so far. I know you're going to have a great year.

by the way, you haven't answered any of my emails. love ya anyway.

i got a kick of your ten for tuesday.