Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day! Ahh!

Today is my first day of my sophomore year in COLLEGE!!! I'm excited a little bit, but more than anything I'm scared. I made it through my freshmen year fine, for the most part, but what if sophomore year is different? I'm taking less classes so that I won't get as stressed out, so hopefully that will help. But I just know my classes will be harder this year. All I can do is my best I guess, and I'm going to work hard to do my best! That should be fine, right?

I've really been enjoying living in the house with all the girls! It's a great house, and I love all 4 of my roommates. We all get along really well and enjoy being with each other, so it's going to be a great year! Emily, one of my roommates, has already got me hooked on the TV show LOST. We watch is every chance we get downstairs on DVD. I enjoy it because it gives me a chance to hang out with her one on one and get to know her better and have fun! Once classes start though, I am going to have to cut back on LOST a little bit. We had a spaghetti dinner here at the house last night for all the incoming freshmen that might be involved in Navigators this year. So from 5-9 there were lots and lots of people in the house! My new house is kind of known for that, the hangout place, because Kristin, one of my roommates, cooks a lot! Which is fine by me, I like when there are lots of people here. It gave me a chance to see old friends from last year and get to know some of the new people that I will be seeing a lot this year.

I've been hanging out with my old roommate, Kristen, a lot lately too! It's been really fun because Kristen and I have always gotten along really well. She has been to my house a bit, and I've been to her new apartment a few times too. On Friday I even got to go to lunch with Kristen, Richelle, and Sammie...all 3 of my old roommates! It was really nice being all together again.

But I am going to stop writing for now, because I should get in the shower and ready to go. I'm not looking forward to classes, especially the classes I have to take this semester. But I am done by 1:30, and only have classes Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. That is what is going to keep me going this semester! And keep me from ditching class :-)

2 comments:

... said...

you'll do great!

i miss you so much but it's a comfort to know that you're living in a house that you love and with other christians.

enjoy the journey.

Anonymous said...

i missed this last night. I'm so excited about you being in a cool house like that, full of people.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.